How do I love Johanna Streich’s work? Let me count the ways …
- I love her bold sensuality and intelligence
- I love the beautiful composition of her black-and-whites, the expressionist undertones
- I love her beauty
- I love the overt sexuality and explosive eroticism and the mystery, the irreducible femininity of her work.
- I love the implicit innocence she projects like a Black Forest wood-nymph into her images.
- I love her artistic vision and its understated rebellion.
She is one of a handful of rare and treasured artists who only post on P1xels—The Art of the iPhone and I love her for that as well.
Here is a video, Umarmt mich diese Einsamkeit, by her long-time collaborator and P1xels’ artist Butow Maler, which beyond any doubt demonstrates what a gifted model and actress Johanna is.
Starring: Johanna S.
Words: Andreas Neu
Pictures, Music, Voice: Butow Maler
Pictures are taken with “Super8″ on an iPhone 4.
Edited with “iMovie” and post processed with “CinemaFXV” also on the iPhone.